Deploying website in Azure using visual studio is really easy !!
let say you have created your website and want to deploy your website to Azure !! and you don’t know
how to deploy your website in Azure through Visual Studio !! its very simple !! follow the steps I have listed below !!
Hope this will Help !!
Let’s get started
1.open Visual Studio and Click on “File” and click “New “and then click on “Website”
2. After that you will See another Screen as shown Below !!
here it will let you choose programing language and all But if you have already
your website then you can choose anything that doesn’t Matter !!
Now choose “ASP.net Empty Website” and then click on OK
3.Now you will see this screen !! this will show you there is nothing !!
as we chooses empty website !! then it will show empty website !!
4. Now you need to Drag and drop your already developed Website folder in the Solution Explorer!!
like for me I have already developed my website and now I will drag the folder in solution explorer
for this Just Hold your folder and Drag it on website under solution Explorer!! as shown in below screenshot!!
5. After Dragging folder visual studio will import all the files !! after importing you will be able to see your all
the files like !! Html files,script files and css files and all .
6. after that click on any of HTML file and test it if your website is working well or not !
for example I will choose index.html and will click on “Google chrome” for me its working fine!!
7.if everything is working fine then its ok and if not working well then fix the Errors!
NOTE:- For deploying websites on azure you need Active Azure Subscription!! if you don’t have subscription
then you can get trial !! see here How to Get Azure Trial .
Now lets deploy our site to Azure !!for deploying the website
Right Click on your “website name” in solution explorer and then choose publish
for me its “website3” so I will right click on website3 and will choose Publish
8. and then you will see this screen !! click on “Microsoft Azure Websites “ after that
you may need to sign in with Email which is associated with your Subscription !!
If it will ask you to Sign in Then You must see this screen then enter your Credentials to sign in
9.After Signing in !! if you have already Created a website in azure then
you see may see the list of your website and you can choose from your list and you can publish !!
If you don’t know how to create then see here How to create websites in Azure
10. Now I will choose one of my site which I have already created
like for me its “Sitetest”and then click on OK !!
After that it will download publish settings…
11.after that it will show connections information’s , settings and Preview!!
if you want to preview then you can preview also
12. Now click on “Publish” !! It will start publishing your Site !! it will take some time to upload all the files.
That’s all !!